School of Journalism and Mass Communication | College of Engineering
Dhavan Shah’s research and teaching focuses on the effects of information and communication technologies on social judgments, civic engagement, political participation, and health management. His recent work extends insights on message processing and networked communication to the use of information technologies for chronic disease care. Grants and awards totaling over $22.3 million support this work.
- The Effects of Expression: How ICTs Influence Health
- Mobilization, Socialization and Participation in a Digital Age
- Media and Politics at the Checkout Line
- Framing Threats: News, National Security and Civil Liberties
- Misinformation and Misconception in Politics