National Security Research Strategist
Computer, Data, and Information Sciences l College of Letters and Science l Division of Information Technology
Dave Schroeder is a subject matter expert on information technology, cybersecurity, and cyber national security issues. He currently serves as an Army Cyber Warfare Officer and intelligence professional, and previously served as a Navy Information Warfare Officer. His expertise includes cyber operations, information and influence operations, and signals intelligence. He holds degrees in Cybersecurity Policy, Information Warfare, and Information Operations, and is graduate of the Naval Postgraduate School, Naval War College, and Joint Forces Staff College. He also serves as Research Director for the Wisconsin Security Research Consortium.
Securing Institutional Data in a Mobile World
Facebook Data Breaches and Their Impact On You
What The Mueller Report Could Mean For Election Security In 2020
The Dark Web
Foreign Cyber Influence in US Democracy
A discussion of malign foreign influence via cyber means in US and Western democracy
A discussion of current topics in cybersecurity tailored to your organization or group.
- Cybersecurity expert warns of threat, NBC 15 Nightly News, Jan 8, 2020
- Capital City Sunday: Cybersecurity Threats & Water Quality, WKOW 27 Capital City Sunday, Jan 12, 2020
- How to find truth in a world of disinformation, Wisconsin State Journal, Jan 24, 2020
- Russian invasion raises concerns about cyber attacks, WBAY, Feb 24, 2022
- U.S. cyber security concerns after Russian invasion on Ukraine, WTMJ, Feb 24, 2022
- Iran and Other Foreign Cyber Threats, WKOW 27 Capital City Sunday, Jan 12, 2020